How to Reset Oil Indicator in Jeep Cherokee
How to Reset the Oil Status Indicator in a Jeep Cherokee?
Changing the oil in your Jeep is something that needs to be completed on a regular basis. The majority of new vehicles currently in the marketplace have an oil status indicator that allows automotive consumers to know when to book an oil change.
At Great West Chrysler, we recommend that you bring your vehicle to our service centre and allow our trained staff to maintain your vehicle. If you visit an aftermarket shop to have your oil changed, they may not know exactly how to reset your oil status indicator. If you do choose not to visit our service centre we would still like you to know how to reset the oil status indicator. Also, don't forget to check out our new vehicle inventory for a great selection of Jeeps. Until then, continue reading to learn more.
There are two ways to reset your oil life indicator, and both options are very straightforward.
- Make sure the vehicle is in the park gear position P.
- Press the push to start button but don't turn on the engine
- Gradually press the accelerator three times within 10 secs
- Lastly, press the push to start button to turn off all power to the vehicle
- Make sure the vehicle is in the park gear position P
- Don't press the brake and hit the start/stop button to turn on the vehicle's electronics. Do not start the engine
- Use the wheel controls to navigate to "Oil Life" under "Vehicle Info"
- Push and hold the ok button; you will notice the oil light percentage change to 100%
- Press the start/stop button again to turn off all the vehicle electronics
- If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us